Terms and conditions
We update our site as often as is practicable, but information can change rapidly and Greensborough Plaza does not guarantee its accuracy at any time. We are not liable for any loss incurred from relying on this site, including data corruption on download. Information on our site is not financial advice - you should obtain advice before making any decision based on information on this site.
By accessing this site you agree to these terms, and acknowledge reading them. We do not take responsibility for sites of other organisations, whether or not linked, or any device used to access or view our site. The Site has been prepared under Australian law. Nothing it constitutes an offer of securities, or an invitation to subscribe for securities, enter into any legal agreement or exercise any rights in relation to the offering of any financial product, or amount to a solicitation for any business.
On this website we have display a range of products through various means, prices from time to time, and stores available in Greensborough Plaza. Some of this content links through to a retailer website for purchase. Any prices displayed are provided by relevant retailers and suppliers and are updated to Greensborough Plaza’s best efforts to reflect pricing changes, however we advise you to review the retailer website for the most accurate information about price and availability.
Greensborough Plaza does not accept any responsibility for price variations or errors, availability or quality of products. No responsibility is accepted by Greensborough Plaza for the accuracy of any statement or advice contained in the text or advertisements or the accuracy of any prices quoted.
Online Terms & Conditions of Use
Current as at 14 March 2017
These terms and conditions of use, together with the policies, notices and disclaimers referred to below (Terms & Conditions), govern your use of the services at Greensboroughplaza.com.au (Site).
1. ABOUT THE SITE
The Site is operated by Greensborough Plaza TC Pty Ltd
The Site is an online venue which allows users to do a number of activities, including sign up to be members, to view shopping centre and retailer information and click through to the websites of individual retailer participating in the Site (Participating Retailers). In addition to these Terms & Conditions, you should also refer to the terms and conditions of each Participating Retailers as these terms govern interaction with Participating Retailers.
2. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Your access to and use of the Site, including your use of the materials and information accessible on or from the Site, is governed by these Terms & Conditions.
Your use of the Site is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with these Terms & Conditions. You should read the Terms & Conditions carefully. By using the Site, you agree to be bound by, and comply with, these Terms & Conditions. You must not access, browse or otherwise use the Site unless you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions.
Greensborough Plaza reserves the right to amend the Site and the Terms & Conditions at any time and from time to time without notice to you. Your continued use of the Site after any amendment to the Terms & Conditions constitutes an agreement by you to abide and be bound by the Terms & Conditions as so amended. If you breach these Terms & Conditions, your right to use the Site will cease immediately and we may refuse you access to the Site at our complete discretion.
3. ACCESSING THE SITE
Access to the Site is not provided on a continuous, uninterrupted or permanent basis. Not all sections of the Site may be able to be accessed by all users of the Site. Greensborough Plaza reserves the right to withdraw or amend the service Greensborough Plaza provides on the Site without notice. Greensborough Plaza will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, Greensborough Plaza may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us. When you register, you are required to provide Greensborough Plaza with information about yourself which is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. Greensborough Plaza may change registration requirements from time to time at its complete discretion. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. Greensborough Plaza has the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by Greensborough Plaza, at any time, if in Greensborough Plaza’s opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms & Conditions.
4. SITE MEMBERSHIP
When you sign up to become a member of the Site, you will provide us with certain personal information. Your personal information may be used for providing you with news, offers and information about the Site, Greensborough Plaza and promotions run by Greensborough Plaza, as well as for the purposes set out in section 13 of these Terms & Conditions.
5. PRODUCTS ADVERTISED ON THE SITE
Products advertised on the Site are provided by, and sold by, Participating Retailers. Greensborough Plaza does not review or control, and is not responsible in any way for, listings provided by Participating Retailers or purchases made on a Participating Retailer’s website. Products advertised by Participating Retailers on the Site may vary from time to time. Before making a purchase from a Participating Retailer, you should carefully review that Participating Retailer’s terms and conditions applying to a potential transaction on their store front and product details page. Subject to law, and other than in relation to any liability which under law cannot be excluded, Greensborough Plaza is not liable for any costs, damages or other loss in connection with the advertising or purchase of Products from a Participating Retailer or your use of the Site.
Some products sold by Participating Retailers may be products which, under law, may not be freely sold to all consumers, e.g. alcohol, knives or certain videos or dvds, or may only be sold to consumers on certain terms and conditions (Restricted Products). Those products are subject to the terms and conditions of the Participating Retailer selling those products. If you wish to discuss or organise a return, exchange or refund of any item, please contact the Participating Retailer directly.
6. PRICES & TAXES
All prices are in Australian dollars ($). Prices displayed on the Site are inclusive of GST on the sale, if any.
The Site is designed for use by Australian residents.
7. COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Greensborough Plaza is the copyright owner of the content of the Site or is licensed by the copyright owner to use the content on the Site. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you must not in any form or by any means:
copy, adapt, reproduce, broadcast, store, transmit, distribute, print, publish or create derivative works from any information or material on the Site; perform in public or transmit in any form by any process (graphic, electronic or mechanical, including further copying, recording, taping or by a storage and information retrieval system) any of the information or material on the Site without the specific prior written consent of Greensborough Plaza; alter, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or modify any material or information that you receive from the Site which can be accessed through the Site; or use or apply, for commercial purposes any material or information on the Site, without the prior written consent of Greensborough Plaza. All trademarks, brands and names appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained on the Site is intended to grant any express or implied right to you to use or exploit any patent, copyright, trademark or trade secret information. No trademarks, brands or names, including as part of domain names or email addresses, may be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
8. LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY STATEMENTS ON THE SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. The Site must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page. To the extent any permission has been granted to link to the site, we reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The Site provides links to other websites not maintained or controlled by, or associated with, Greensborough Plaza, including those of Participating Retailers. Greensborough Plaza makes no endorsements, representations or warranties about any other website which you may access through the Site, including those of Participating Retailers (Other Website). When you access an Other Website, that Other Website is independent from the Site, and Greensborough Plaza has no control over the content on that Other Website. Any link to an Other Website is provided as a convenience to users of the Site. Other Websites are not under the control of Greensborough Plaza, and Greensborough Plaza is not responsible for the accuracy of any information on any Other Website. Greensborough Plaza does not monitor or review the content of any Other Website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that any Other Website that you access by link from the Site are free from viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other material of a destructive nature.
Greensborough Plaza will not routinely monitor or review statements made by persons (Third Parties) on the Site. Third Parties may post statements or information on some portion of the Site, from time to time, including in connection with Products (Third Party Posted Material). Greensborough Plaza has the right at all times to remove any Third Party Posted Material from the Site or to edit any Third Party Posted Material, including in response to complaints received in relation to that material. Greensborough Plaza makes no representations to you in relation to about the accuracy, quality, legality, ownership or other aspect of any Third Party Posted Material. Greensborough Plaza expressly disclaims any liability to you for all Third Party Posted Material. Subject to any liability which cannot by law be excluded, Greensborough Plaza is not liable to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, special or other consequential damages arising out of any use of the Site, the use of any other hyper linked website, the use of any Other Website or any Third Party Posted Material, and including but without limitation, any loss of profits, business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information handling system or otherwise, even if Greensborough Plaza has been expressly advised of the possibility of such loss or damages.
You must indemnify and keep indemnified Greensborough Plaza in respect of all loss and expense suffered by you as a result of any use or exploitation by you of any Third Party Posted Material or any Other Website, or both.
While Greensborough Plaza takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to Greensborough Plaza, no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that Greensborough Plaza cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to Greensborough Plaza or its payment gateways.
The Australian Government has published additional information about protecting yourself in online transactions. This is available at http://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/ (this website is not provided by Greensborough Plaza).
10. VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
If we become aware that you have breached any law in connection with your use or access of this Site, we will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
Greensborough Plaza does not represent that any information (including any file) obtained from or through the Site is free from computer viruses or other faults or defects. It is your responsibility to scan any such information for computer viruses. Greensborough Plaza will not be liable to you or to any other person for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic), however caused and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result directly or indirectly from any such information or due to your use of the Site or any website linked to the Site, howsoever caused. To the extent that any liability may be imposed on the Greensborough Plaza, to the extent permitted by law it shall be limited to the cost of re-supplying that information.
Greensborough Plaza updates the Site as often as is practicable, but information can change rapidly and Greensborough Plaza does not guarantee its accuracy at any time.
The Site has been prepared under Australian law. Nothing in it constitutes an offer of securities, or an invitation to subscribe for securities, enter into any legal agreement or exercise any rights in relation to the offering of any financial product, or amount to a solicitation for any business.
By using the Site, you agree that your access to, and use of, the Site is subject to these Terms & Conditions and all applicable laws, and is at your own risk. While the information and material contained on the Site is believed to be accurate and current, it is provided by Greensborough Plaza in good faith on an “as is” basis, and Greensborough Plaza, related entities of Greensborough Plaza and the directors, officers and employees of Greensborough Plaza accept no responsibility for and make no representations or warranties to you or to any other person as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained on the Site. Any reference to products or services on the Site is for information purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of those products or services by Greensborough Plaza.
Subject to any non-excludable provisions in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and similar State or Territory legislation in Australia:
Greensborough Plaza expressly disclaims any implied or express warranties or conditions of any kind, including non infringement of intellectual property rights relating to information or materials accessible from or on the Site; and Greensborough Plaza shall not be liable to you for any damage resulting from use of or reliance on the materials or information on the website or any other loss or damage whatsoever including, but without limitation, special, indirect, consequential or incidental loss or damage (including loss of profits, revenue, production, opportunity, access to markets, goodwill, reputation, use or any indirect, remote, abnormal or unforeseeable loss), or any loss or damage relating to business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information systems or costs of replacement goods, or otherwise, even if Greensborough Plaza is expressly advised of the likelihood of such loss or damage. To the extent (if any) that the content of the website does not satisfy the laws of a country other than Australia, it is not directed to persons in those countries and they should not use the Site.
You should not send any information or material that you consider to be confidential or proprietary, to Greensborough Plaza or any other person, through the Site. Any information or material sent to Greensborough Plaza at, or through the Site, is deemed to be not confidential. You are deemed to grant to Greensborough Plaza an unrestricted, irrevocable licence to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute all materials or information sent by you to or through the Site. Greensborough Plaza is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send to Greensborough Plaza, for any purpose.
for the purpose of and incidental to your use of the Site, including facilitating the completion of orders through the Site and other uses and disclosures we required to operate the Site; for the purposes of providing you with news and information about Greensborough Plaza’s events, activities and promotions; for other purposes to which you, either expressly or impliedly, consent to, and for the purposes set out above, we may transfer your personal information to others in countries outside Australia. You may access your personal information by contacting us.
14. RELEVANT PARTIES
Any indemnity, agreement, representation or promise provided by you to Greensborough Plaza as set out in these Terms & Conditions shall be taken to be an indemnity, agreement, representation or promise also provided by you to the employees, officers, agents and owners of Greensborough Plaza and any related entity of Greensborough Plaza in relation to the Site.
If we fail at any time to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under these Terms & Conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under them, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. No waiver by us of any of these Terms & Conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
If any of these Terms & Conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17. APPLICABLE LAW
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the state of New South Wales, Australia. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New South Wales, Australia.
The Site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. Greensborough Plaza makes no representation that the content of the Site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access the Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the website.
18. ALTERATIONS TO TERMS & CONDITIONS
Greensborough Plaza may revise or alter these Terms & Conditions at any time. Revisions and alterations will be posted on the Site. Users are responsible for reviewing the Site from time to time to ensure compliance. If Greensborough Plaza makes a request to you to stop using the Site or to promptly return or destroy copies of information provided on the Site, you must immediately comply with that request, and confirm in writing to Greensborough Plaza within five (5) business days after that request, that you have done so.
19. FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
You can contact us about questions or comments about the Site on 03 9435 4000 Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 5:00PM AEDST or by email to [email protected] Complaints about a specific Participating Retailer or product must be directed to the Participating Retailer concerned. Greensborough Plaza has no obligation to help resolve disputes with Participating Retailers. If you have a complaint about a specific purchase, and have paid by Visa or Mastercard, you may have charge back rights and should contact your financial institution.
20. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These Terms & Conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and Greensborough Plaza and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between you and Greensborough Plaza, whether oral or in writing.
In the following Wi-Fi and privacy terms:
"we", "us" and "our" means Greensborough Plaza TC Pty Limited ABN 66 163 769 113 and each of their respective related bodies corporate; "you" and "your" means the user of the device that connects to the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service; “Greensborough Plaza” means Greensborough Plaza TC Pty Limited ABN 66 163 769 113 and each of their respective related bodies corporate; and "Third Party Provider" means any supplier of ours that is involved in the provision of the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service. If you are not 18 years old or older, you must only accept these Wi-Fi and privacy terms with a parent's or guardian's approval.
You agree to these terms either by clicking "Connect to WiFi" on the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service's initial landing page or by otherwise accessing or using the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service.
- While Greensborough Plaza will use all commercially reasonable endeavours to provide a reliable, stable and secure Wi-Fi service and ensure that the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service is generally available, Greensborough Plaza (a) makes no representation that the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service (or any associated functions) will be available at all times or will operate at all times without error and (b) expressly disclaims any representations that the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service will operate on a continual or error free basis. The Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service in whole or in part, or particular Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service functions, may be non-operational at any time for any reason (including because of any planned maintenance or unavailability of any service).
- The Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service provides free wireless internet access within Greensborough Plaza. However the Service is not supplied for the purpose of, and is not suitable for supporting, any application or use which needs continuous fault free network connectivity and must not be used for business purposes.
- The Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service provides unencrypted wireless access to the Internet. You are responsible for the security of your system, device and any transmissions you make or receive and: - you are liable for all use of the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service that occurs in connection with your device, including if you permit another person to use your device or access the Internet via your device; - you are fully responsible for your activities while using this Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service (including for any content, information and other materials you access or transmit via the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service) and you agree that you bear all risks regarding use of this Wi-Fi Service; - you acknowledge that you understand the risks of unencrypted access to the Internet, and will take any necessary security precautions, including encrypting confidential transmissions, backing up any data and protecting your system and device with a firewall; and - you agree that security of your equipment and data, including safeguarding against the risks of hacking, viruses, eavesdropping, and all other such hazards, is your responsibility and not the responsibility of Greensborough Plaza.
- Greensborough Plaza does not take any responsibility for any user data which traverses the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service network. Greensborough Plaza cannot guarantee that your data will not become lost, damaged, or intercepted in transit using this Internet connection and does not take responsibility if you lose an email or a download or any other kind of transmission, or if someone gains access to your passwords, or for any other like circumstances. Accordingly, any information which you transmit using the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service, including for example, credit card details or personal information, is transmitted at your own risk and Greensborough Plaza is not responsible while such information is in transit. The Australian Government has published additional information about protecting yourself in online transactions. This is available at http://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/ (this website is not provided by Greensborough Plaza).
- Other than the measures referred to in clauses 8 and 9, we do not control information transmitted over the Greensborough Plaza W-Fi Service and you release us from any liability arising out of your use of the Greensborough Plaza W-Fi Service, including the transmission of that information to or from you and your use of it. You acknowledge that: a. the Internet contains a variety of materials and information that may be offensive to you and that you assume full responsibility and risk of use of the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service and the Internet; and b. you are solely responsible for your use of the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service and for evaluating the suitability, appropriateness or legality of any informational content or other materials you may encounter online.
- Your activities on the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service (including sending, receiving, downloading or printing any material using the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service) must not: a. introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information; b. create any liability (civil or criminal) for Greensborough Plaza or any Third Party Provider, cause Greensborough Plaza to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our suppliers; c. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising); d. be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or harassing, or advocate or otherwise encourage violence against any government, organization, group, individual or property, or provide instruction, information, or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence; e. be obscene or contain child pornography; f. infringe any third party's intellectual property rights, including copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights; g. impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on any systems or infrastructure; or h. involve any attempt to access any data or system, service or communication which you are not authorized to access; i. must not in any way rebroadcast or retransmit the WiFi network using your own devices or other equipment
- Greensborough Plaza routinely monitors and logs communications over its networks for security, performance, and other purposes, and Greensborough Plaza may access, monitor, audit, intercept and disclose any such communications, data or information in connection with your use of the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service.
- Greensborough Plaza may make certain Internet services unavailable, and may, in its absolute discretion, revoke your access to the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service, at any time and for any reason with or without notice to you. In particular, Greensborough Plaza reserves the right to: a. bar access to the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service to anyone who is deemed to be in breach of the terms and conditions, or is behaving in an unsociable manner, or for any other reason; b. block access to any network protocols that are deemed inappropriate by Greensborough Plaza or may contravene these Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service terms and conditions of use, including but not limited to those used by file sharing applications such as Limewire, eDonkey, or any Bit-Torrent type of client or Peer to Peer applications; and c. apply any such traffic shaping as is deemed necessary to provide access to Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service in a fair and stable manner to all Greensborough Plaza customers.
- As a complimentary service, the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi service are provided "as-is" and "where-is," without any warranties, express or implied.
- To the extent permitted by law, Greensborough Plaza nor any third party provider is not liable for any loss or damage of any kind caused or contributed to by your use of the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service, including, but without limitation, special, indirect, consequential or incidental loss or damage (including loss of profits, revenue, production, opportunity, access to markets, goodwill, reputation, use or any indirect, remote, abnormal or unforeseeable loss), or any loss or damage relating to business interruption, loss of programs or other data on your information systems or costs of replacement goods, or otherwise, even if we are expressly advised of the likelihood of such loss or damage. If liability cannot be excluded by law, our liability and the liability of our subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, and suppliers, to you is limited to AUD$100.00. If liability cannot be limited or excluded by law, then to the extent permitted by law, Greensborough Plaza’s liability is limited to the following: a. if the breach relates to goods, repairing or replacing those goods or paying the cost of having those goods repaired or replaced; and b. if the breach relates to services, resupplying those or equivalent services or paying the cost of having those services resupplied.To the extent permitted by law, you indemnify
- Greensborough Plaza, its related bodies corporate, directors, officers and employees from any loss or damage of any kind caused or contributed to by your use of the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service.
- Greensborough Plaza reserves the right to alter the terms and conditions stated in this document at any time and for any reason. Continued use of the Greensborough Plaza Wi-Fi Service by you constitutes your binding acceptance of such revisions, amendments, and modifications. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, YOU MUST NOT ACCESS OR USE THE Greensborough Plaza WI-FI SERVICE.
- If any of these terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, the term will be ineffective to the extent of such determination and such invalidation of such part or portion of these terms will not invalidate the remaining portions of these terms and they will continue to, and will remain, in full force and legal effect.
WI-FI PRIVACY TERMS
For more information on our privacy practices, please contact Greensborough Plaza’s Privacy Officer at PO BOX 219 Greensborough Plaza VIC 3088 or at [email protected] or by phone on 03 9435 4000