CHOCOLATE MOUSSE WITH LYCHEES AND CREAM
All ingredients used in this recipe can be found at Sculli Bros, Coles, Aldi.
- 500ml thickened cream
- 250g good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- Caster or icing sugar, to sweeten, optional
- 4 fresh lychees, peeled and seeds discarded
- 250ml double cream
1. Heat 250ml of thickened cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until bubbles begin to form around the edges.
2. Place the chopped chocolate into a heatproof bowl. When the cream is heated, pour it over the chocolate and add the vanilla. Leave to melt for a minute, then stir with a whisk until all of the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth and well combined.
3. Whisk in the remaining 250ml of cream. Adding this cold cream helps to cool the mixture down faster.
4. Taste the mixture, and if the chocolate is a little too bitter you can add some caster or icing sugar until it’s as sweet as you want it.
5. Cover and refrigerate until very well chilled (at least several hours or overnight).
6. If you’re in a hurry you can chill it faster by putting it in the freezer. Just stir it regularly and be careful not to let it actually freeze.
7. Whip the chocolate cream with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. It won’t take very long, be careful not to overwhip it.
8. Pipe or spoon into a glass serving dish, glasses or small bowls. You can serve it immediately or store, covered, in the fridge for several days.
9. Place lychees and a dollop of double cream on top of mousse before serving.
- MONDAY 7am - 6pm
- TUESDAY 7am - 6pm
- WEDNESDAY 7am - 6pm
- THURSDAY 7am - 7:30pm
- FRIDAY 7am - 7:30pm
- SATURDAY 7am - 5pm
- SUNDAY 7am - 5pm
T: (03) 9435-2250